Readers considering the Microsoft Surface may want to consider this. Windows 8 has to run on a PC and on a tablet, which, at least in this version of Windows, is making it hard to use. Sales are below Microsoft’s expectations.
As reported two weeks ago, I quickly encountered Windows 8′s split personality when I tried to use my new Surface, but I wanted the bigger picture.
…..The problems I had with the Surface are just as distracting and frustrating on a PC: One moment you’re in the new, elegant, and, yes, reimagined User Interface, the next moment you’re foraging in the old Windows 7 Desktop. And, of course, existing Office apps have no place in the new UI.
It’s no wonder that customers aren’t keen to buy Windows 8. As a recent survey shows, “about one-third of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP users who are ready to buy a new personal computer say they intend to switch to an Apple product.”
- Emotional Insight from “Catcher in the Rye” Part II | Vik Rubenfeld Author Blog on Emotional Insight from T.S. Eliot’s “Love Song”
- Emotional Insight from “Catcher in the Rye” Part II | Vik Rubenfeld Author Blog on Kick-Ass Emotional Insight from Dylan Thomas
- Vik Rubenfeld on 50 Rudyard Kipling Poems Discovered!
- Dec. 14, 2012–The Prodigals Are Coming Home on The Return of the Prodigal Son, by Rembrandt
- PatriotsOfMars on Amazon’s Advice about How to Sell Books on Amazon
- 29 Nov 2011The Appreciation of Art is a Use of Emotional Ability (with an Example from F. Scott Fitzgerald) 6 Comments
- 17 Dec 2011Interview with Yours Truly Today on the Great Site, “I’m a Book Shark” 2 Comments
- 22 Oct 2012Amazon’s Advice about How to Sell Books on Amazon 2 Comments
- 09 Jan 2012Bet You Didn’t Know They Talked About Sex Like This in the 1800′s (Emotional Insight from Walt Whitman) 2 Comments
- 15 Nov 2011Site Launch Post 2 Comments
Hire My Cover Designer
Contact Derek Chiodo at eCoverMakers. He did a fantastic job on the cover for my novel, "Conquest."